There are a number of reasons why you may want to email existing customers. With an email list you can reach a number of people in a short amount of time. All it takes is one email to send information to all of your clients. You may want to let them know about new products, special offers, and give them more information on a specific topic. Many people are interested in this information.
Some examples of the types of emails send to clients include:
- Newsletters and monthly information
- Confirmation of their purchase
- Travel offers and special discounts
- Information about their account including changing the password
- Changes in private policy and other legal information
An email program is how you manage electronic communication with your clients. This can help you keep return clients and keep clients well informed on anything new that is happening with your business. To be successful there are some things you need to consider when running an email program. You will need an Internet Service Provider that will make communication safe. You must also learn how to optimize value to make it worthwhile to the client. You also must make sure that your email makes it to their inbox and is not filed away as junk or as spam.
Delivery means that your email will reach the intended recipient. Emails may not also be sent to the inbox. They can be sent to the spam folder, rejected, or may be dropped from the system. Some addresses may be automatically rejected by the email server. Some programs do this to help people organize their email and it will be sent to other folders rather than the inbox. This was intended to keep the inbox from being overcrowded and make it easier for a person to look through.
As a sender your goal is to have the email get to the inbox. You want to send an email that is high quality and contains valuable information. This will increase the chance the email has of making it to the inbox. The email service will determine the value of the message. Value can be in the form of a special offer, a confirmation of an order, sweepstakes entry, or communication over social media. Value can mean different things to different people. Many people do like savings and special offers. This is appealing to most customers. The information being sent should be accurate and a person should use anti spam technology to determine if their email will be sent a spam. False information should never be put in an email.
As a sender you need to build a relationship with the client so they will want to receive your email. This trust will make sure the majority of your communication makes it to the recipient. You can also ask a person to add your email to their address book so it is delivered into their inbox.
Maintaining Your Email List
- Be careful in the collection of email addresses. People may give a fake address and will look like irresponsible sending on your part
- Be sure that a person confirms their email address. Try to disable auto fill features and have them type in their email in a confirmation space
- You can use verification where a person has to click on a link to verify their email address
- You can use a third party to verify the email
- Be sure that the email has the @ symbol and the domain is on record
- Watch out for content generators and check all emails before they are sent
- Takes control over who you send an email to. Make sure your list does not have any role account or aliases. Watch out for the Mailbox name and common servers
- Do not send emails to third parties. This can create problems. Get email directly from the intended recipients
When sending emails you need to follow all the rules and regulations set forth by the United States and in some cases international laws. For further information Google: “CAN-SPAM Act of 2003” and “The Canadian Anti-Spam Law”
Creating High Quality Content
- Most content fillers today are fairly comprehensive. A couple of years ago if the subject of the email was in all capitals that it went right to pan. Now there are a number of different things that filters look for in spam. You can use sites such as Return Path to look for problems in the email and fix the content before it is sent to spam.
- Check the URLs as well as the backlinks and make sure they provide information that is useful. Sites such as SURBL.org can help determine the quality of your links. Be sure to check out all links by a third party before sending them to make sure they are quality.
- Do not send a broken link in an email. Make sure the link to unsubscribe is also in working order.
- Be sure the Privacy page on your site is in proper working order. The user should be able to have a place to read all the fine print if they want to.
- When sending high frequency content such as daily emails make sure they contain different information each day.
Even with all the changes in the system including email it is still a great way to communicate with people. We hope that you have a better understanding of how to use email and make quality messages that will reach the inbox of the recipients. This can make your emails better.
While this list is not everything that can be done to improve the quality of emails it is a good start. Once you build your own emailing program there are two main things that you should keep in mind.
- Be sure your email has valuable information to the reader
- Only send emails to people that you want to be part of your email list.
If you keep these two basic rules in mind and follow the tips that are stated above you will be on your way to a successful email campaign.